Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sunday Psalter

We're starting a new series here on OCF, the Sunday Psalter. Each Sunday, I'll post the Psalm we read in that week's City Bible Reading.  I may highlight certain parts that stuck out to me or make some comments on the passage, I may not, (that's the cool thing about having your own blog...you can do whatever you want). Our first Psalm is Psalm 92- so fitting for the first ever Sunday Psalter.

CBR is a Bible reading initiative from New City to read through the Scriptures as a church. We desire to journal, discuss and live out publicly what we've processed privately. You can read more about CBR journaling here.




How Great Are Your Works

A Psalm. A Song for the Sabbath.


92 It is good to give thanks to the Lord,
    to sing praises to your name, O Most High;
to declare your steadfast love in the morning,
    and your faithfulness by night,
to the music of the lute and the harp,
    to the melody of the lyre.
For you, O Lord, have made me glad by your work;
    at the works of your hands I sing for joy.
How great are your works, O Lord!
    Your thoughts are very deep!
The stupid man cannot know;
    the fool cannot understand this:
that though the wicked sprout like grass
    and all evildoers flourish,
they are doomed to destruction forever;
    but you, O Lord, are on high forever.
For behold, your enemies, O Lord,
    for behold, your enemies shall perish;
    all evildoers shall be scattered.
10 But you have exalted my horn like that of the wild ox;
    you have poured over me[a] fresh oil.
11 My eyes have seen the downfall of my enemies;
    my ears have heard the doom of my evil assailants.
12 The righteous flourish like the palm tree
    and grow like a cedar in Lebanon.
13 They are planted in the house of the Lord;
    they flourish in the courts of our God.
14 They still bear fruit in old age;
    they are ever full of sap and green,
15 to declare that the Lord is upright;
    he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him.



No comments:

Post a Comment